The Star of Life Awards
- HONOR Exceptional EMS personnel from each of Tennessee’s eight EMS regions
- RECOGNIZE Tennessee’s emergency medical services systems and organizations
- REUNITE EMS providers with the person treated and highlight the actual patient scenario
- GENERATE Positive media stories regarding pre-hospital care and the EMS Star of Life Award
- MAGNIFY The profile of National EMS Week in the state of Tennessee
The Star of Life (SOL) Awards Committee
Reviews nominations and selects winners from each region based on the EMS provider’s service to his/her community and commitment to saving the lives of his/her patients. To ensure that all qualified EMS providers are considered, we are asking for nominations for recipients of this prestigious EMS Star of Life Award.
- The patient encounter must have occurred during the calendar year of 2020
- The patient can be of any age – adult or pediatric
- The patient must be neurologically intact
- Standards of care (protocols) are followed
- The patient EMS run sheets and aeromedical documentation (if applicable) will be submitted and reviewed for completeness
- All requested information must be submitted for the nomination packet to be considered by the SOL Committee
To nominate a rescue or medical team electronically, please click here.
If you would prefer to nominate a rescue or medical team via paper application, please download that here.